I naively thought that once I hit my thirties, the only skin related issue I would be dealing with would be trying to prevent those pesky wrinkles from taking over, and to do my best to reverse the damage of all those years of fun in the sun without proper UV protection. No one told me that I would still be battling spots, dealing with hormonal breakouts and trying to cover up the occasional Mount Vesuvius. Didn’t I leave all of that behind in my twenties, together with bad decisions and my carefree youth!?
For a while, I found it super confusing deciding on which skincare to use; should I focus on acne treatment or anti-ageing!? It really was a headache sometimes, and I felt like the more products I used, the worse my skin got. I tried everything from OLAY to ORIGINS, from LA MER to LANCOME, from CLARINS to CLINIQUE; nothing knocked my socks off and I just wasn’t completely satisfied with the results.
But I never stopped searching and I'm glad I didn't, because ladies and gentlemen, I think I've found it; THE skincare line that I've been looking for! *clouds parting and angels singing* PAULA'S CHOICE. For years, I searched high and low for the products that would take my skin from greasy pizza to as soft as a baby's bottom (the dream!) and I have a feeling that this is it. Can I hear a hallelujah!?
I’m kind of annoyed with myself for not trying her range sooner. I’ve read about it many times before, and I’m a huge fan of her skincare, hair care and makeup review site. Nevertheless, towards the end of last year I was feeling a little desperate about my skin (and a little spendy...) so I decided to go all out and purchased a bunch of products from the PAULA'S CHOICE range on Lookfantastic.com (one of my favorite online shopping sites for skincare, hair care and makeup).
It turned out to be a really, really good decision. It only took a few weeks for my skin to be transformed. Even after just a couple of weeks, my skin was softer, smoother and brighter. Fine lines have also become less visible and my skin is plumper. And best of all, my skin is basically all cleared up now, except for the occasional hormonal breakout on my chin when it's around that time of the month. All in all, my skin has improved dramatically.
I have quite sensitive skin that gets irritated easily, so I was pumped to read that PAULA'S CHOICE products do not contain any fragrance or dyes. All the products I've used are gentle and non-irritating, and not once have I had a bad reaction. Also, they don't test on animals, or allow suppliers that do. I thought I'd give you a little overview of the products currently in my skincare regime, and THE ONE that I'm recommending to everyone that would listen to me go on and on about it.
1. PAULA'S CHOICE Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser - This is a fantastic cleanser! It's gentle, lathers nicely and completely removes all traces of makeup. It also doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry afterwards. I use this cleanser twice a day.
2. PAULA'S CHOICE Clear Ultra Light Daily Mattifying Fluid - I apply this in the morning after cleansing and toning. I love that it's a light weight moisturizer and SPF30 all in one.
3. PAULA'S CHOICE Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol - I've only gotten this product recently, and have been applying it a couple of times a week in the evenings. My skin literally drinks this up, and it feels so smooth when I wake up the next day.
4. PAULA'S CHOICE Skin Balancing Oil-Absorbing Mask - Twice a week, I apply a thin layer of this on my face, and leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. It leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean and oil-free. (Not drying though! Yay!)
5. PAULA'S CHOICE Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum - I have been gushing about this product to everyone! This is THE ONE, guys. If you buy only one product from PAULA'S CHOICE, it has to be this one. This is a magic serum that has done my skin nothing but good. I apply it a few times a week at night, and even though it's oily (scary!) it sinks into my skin quickly and leaves a dewy finish. It has improved my skin so much; I have fewer fine lines, it has lighten some dark spots, my skin is plumper, and it's much more luminous. I absolutely ADORE this product.
6. PAULA'S CHOICE Resist Eye Cream - I've repurchased this product already, and can also highly recommend it. It doesn't irritate the very sensitive skin around my eyes and also doesn't burn when it happens to get in my eyes. I've definitely noticed that my skin is softer and more hydrated in that area. I dab this product on gently with my ring finger every night as the last step in my skincare routine.
7. PAULA'S CHOICE Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner - This is a simple and gentle product that does its job. I apply this toner with a cotton pad after cleansing. It doesn't dry out my skin like some other toners I've used, but leaves it feeling refreshed.
8. PAULA'S CHOICE Resist Super Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF30 - I bought this as a sunscreen for our summer vacation in South Africa back in February. It's a moisturizer and SPF in one and has a slight tint to it, so I didn't have to wear foundation or a tinted moisturizer over it. Very convenient for those lazy vacation days.
9. PAULA'S CHOICE Skin Perfecting 2%BHA Lotion Exfoliant - I bought this product initially because it has rave reviews online, but have only used it a couple of times after cleansing and toning. I will have to use it more to give you a thorough review, but apparently it will transform my skin after a few weeks' use. Fingers crossed!
So there you have it, the lotions and potions that have given my skin new life. I truly see myself repurchasing PAULA'S CHOICE for years and years to come until, of course, someone does discover some magical snail slime, hidden in the depths of the rain forest, that will transform my skin to that of a baby's smooth bottom. You just can't compete with that, can you?
- Get PAULA'S CHOICE Skincare products here (get 15% off when you sign up for their emails!) or here
SHOP THIS POST: